School is almost over & kids will be home for the summer. It’s a good time to move if you have kids because you don’t have to disrupt schooling. The problem is you need to pack up family to leave for each and every showing and that can be stressful and a lot to handle. Where do you & your children go during showings? How do you keep the toys cleaned up & house in perfect showing condition while they are home?
If it simply is not possible to get the home on the market while the kids are still in school and you already have a block of time no one is home during the day that could allow easily for showings and having the goal of getting it under contract before the end of school year, then I have a few tips for you to consider:
• Set a showing schedule. Determine a block of hours you will allow the home to be shown. Perhaps 2 hours in the morning and 3 hour block in the afternoon. This allows agents and buyers to plan to try to work within your showing schedule.
• Know of local activities in the area and have a list of things you could do during the showing window such as going to the nearby zoo, bowling with the family or floating down the canal.
• Have a set task for everyone in the family.
• Have a toy bin to quickly pack up loose items and store in the closet or garage before leaving…maybe this is the kids job.
• Maybe someone else is responsible for checking the bathrooms and making sure the vanity tops are clean and toilet seats are down.
• Someone else be responsible for checking the bedrooms and that all beds are made.
• And everyone meet in kitchen to tackle clearing countertops and making it look fabulous as well.
• Then go enjoy the activity you had planned to do as a reward for the family for working together to prepare for the showing.
I hope these tips have been helpful. If you have any real estate related questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. My team and I are on standby 7 days a week 9am to 8pm ready to assist you down the smoother road to sold.