Here are the seven biggest mistakes buyers and sellers should avoid.
Looking to buy a home? Click here to search all houses on the local MLS.
Whether you’re a buyer or a seller, here are the seven big mistakes you should avoid in this market to get the best possible deal:
1. Overpricing the property. Just because it’s a seller’s market doesn’t mean you can price your home $100,000 over what you paid for it a year ago. The appraisal may still impact how your home sells.
2. Underbidding for your favorite home. Give your very best offer, especially in a multi-offer situation. You don’t want to miss out on your dream house by just $1,000.
3. Not understanding the contract you’re signing. This is a legally binding contract, so you need to know what is in it. Your real estate advisor can go over it with you.
“Your Realtor is on your side and there to protect you.”
4. Not amending your seller’s disclosure. Make sure you update your property disclosure form right up until your home goes under contract.
5. Waiving the home inspection. Make sure you get a home inspection. Take the time to be sure about what you’re buying.
6. Not being fully transparent with your Realtor. Your Realtor is on your side and there to protect you. They need to know about your goals and financial situation to find you the best house.
7. Not choosing the best Realtor to represent you. Be sure you’re getting the best Realtor who will protect your best interest.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to my team. We’d love to hear from you and help you through a smooth transaction.