You can’t go wrong with making these popular updates to your home.
Looking to buy a home? Click here to search all houses on the local MLS.
Whether you’re buying a new construction home or thinking about renovations, it can be difficult to know what styles and installations will stand the test of time. To help you get a better idea of what to choose, today we’ll be talking about the most popular but long-lasting trends we’re seeing in the market:
1. Porches with lightly stained ceilings: These may cost a little more money, but they look wonderful. They also add warmth to your outdoor areas.
2. Kitchen islands with storage: The storage is accessed through the side where people usually sit, and it’s perfect for things you don’t regularly need to use.
3. Wall treatments: We’re seeing many homes with board and batten walls, as well as shiplap fixtures. However, they’re typically used as accent walls. We’re also seeing trim placed throughout entire rooms, with both the walls and the trim painted the same color.
4. Ceiling treatments: We’re seeing shiplap and board ceiling treatments quite frequently lately. These give ceilings a little more depth and style.
“We’re seeing many homes with board and batten walls, as well as shiplap fixtures.”
5. Slipper tubs: We’re still not entirely sure whether these will stay popular in the long term, but a lot of people are enjoying the look of these standalone bathtubs. However, some don’t enjoy that there’s nowhere to set things on the side of the tub.
6. Mud benches: Mud benches allow people to drop everything off—shoes, backpacks, etc.—before heading inside. These are perfect in the entryway to the home, outside the garage, or even inside the garage.
If you have any questions or would like more information about what to do when building a home or renovating, feel free to reach out to me. I look forward to hearing from you soon.