Are you looking to list your home in the coming months? If so, consider implementing these six updates.
Looking to sell your home? Click here to use our free home evaluation tool.
Looking to buy a home? Click here to search all houses on the local MLS.
Even if you aren’t planning on selling your home in 2019, now is the perfect time to make a few key updates so that your property is market-ready when you are ready to list.
Here are six of the most effective updates:
- Replace laminate countertops with granite ones. You would be amazed to find just how affordable granite countertops have become. Even better, you can use the remnants from your kitchen countertops to replace the ones in your bathroom, as well.
- Get rid of your wallpaper. Even if your wallpaper looks great, not every buyer will think so. Keep in mind, though, that trying to take the wallpaper down could potentially damage the walls underneath, so, instead, simply cut and mud the seams and then paint right over it. It’s always best to present your house as a neutral “canvas” upon which buyers can create their perfect home.
It’s always best to present your house as a neutral “canvas” upon which buyers can create their perfect home.
- Replace old hardware in the kitchen and bathroom. Gold knobs on cabinets are out of style, so consider replacing any such hardware in your home with something more “current,” like brass or silver.
- Replace old appliances. Has your dishwasher seen better days? If so, now is the time to swap it out for something new. Remember: Stainless steel is always en vogue.
- Spruce up your curb appeal. The way your home looks from the outside will serve as potential buyers’ first impression, so trim back overgrown landscaping, add some fresh mulch, and plant a few flowers to transform your yard’s look.
- Update your front door. If your door is scuffed, creaky, or simply looks worse for wear, replacing it can totally refresh the way your home’s entryway looks. You want buyers to feel welcome.
If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.