Whether you’re planning to sell your home or not, use these five spring cleaning tips to freshen up your home.
Looking to sell your home? Click here to use our free home evaluation tool.
Looking to buy a home? Click here to search all houses on the local MLS.
Tidying up your home can make all the difference in a lot of ways: It can increase the value of your home, and it can help to make a great first impression on potential homebuyers. Here are a few tips about how to make the most of the spring season by freshening up your home:
1. Spruce up your front yard. Think about what a potential buyer will see when they pull up to your house—do you have overgrown bushes, mold, or mildew on the side of your house? If so, that won’t make a good impression on buyers. Clean it up or you might scare buyers away.
2. Clean out your kitchen cabinets. Once a buyer has assessed your home’s exterior and goes inside, the next place they’ll look is the kitchen. They’ll open all the cabinets and drawers to visualize how much space they’ll have for their own possessions. If your cabinets and drawers are full of junk or assorted possessions, that won’t make a good impression, either.
This tip applies to your closet space, too. Get rid of anything that you don’t plan to wear and pack up last season’s clothes—it’ll make your life easier when it comes time to move.
Think about what a potential buyer will see when they pull up to your house—do you have overgrown bushes, mold, or mildew on the side of your house?
3. Steam clean the carpets. No one wants to walk through a home with reeking, stained carpets. Steam clean yours to give buyers the impression that your home is well maintained.
4. Clean out your garage. If your garage is like mine, it has a lot of stuff in it, and there are cobwebs all over the place. Go ahead and get rid of all that stuff—it’ll make your garage look neater. Plus, it’ll be a great place for storage as you prepare to move.
5. Get your backyard in order. It might make sense to invest a little bit of money into your backyard and patio. Freshen it up with new chairs, cushions, tables, and/or rugs.
For other information concerning buying or selling homes, or about my guaranteed cash offer program, feel free to reach out to me. I’d be happy to speak with you.