If you’ve had a home on the market that has failed to sell, you probably fall into one of five categories. These are the five most common reasons why a home won’t sell:
- Condition. Is your home in good condition? Is it clean and showable? If there are dirty carpets, windows, and walls that need painting, we always tell sellers to fix them. If they come back to us and say they don’t want to spend the money, we think that’s ridiculous. It’s much smarter to get the work done before selling. Buyers often overestimate the cost of repairs. Get the upgrades done in order to sell for top dollar.
- Price. Is your home priced properly for today’s market? See what has sold in your area that is similar to it and make sure the pricing and condition are in line with each other.
- Photos. You need professional photography for your online listing. It’s the first thing buyers will see, and it’s what will bring them to look at the home in person.
- Marketing. Do you have an effective plan? Your home needs good exposure online, in print media, and on social media. You need to also have things like video tours and open houses as well.
- Agent. Do you have an effective, full-time agent? You should hire an agent who already has an effective marketing plan in place so they can help you sell for top dollar. Interview a few different agents before you decide to hire one so you can get a feel for what it will be like working with them.
These are all the tips we have for today but if you have any questions feel free to reach out. We would be happy to help you!