These five design trends will help you modernize your kitchen.
Looking to buy a home? Click here to search all houses on the local MLS.
I recently had to go out of town for several days, and when I got back home, I discovered that my refrigerator had gone out. The freezer defrosted, so the ice cubes had melted and leaked all over my hardwood floors. Not only do I have to refinish my hardwood floors, but I also have to replace a custom-built, black refrigerator (my appliances are dated).
Should I take the opportunity now to just renovate my kitchen? In doing some research regarding that question, I found five kitchen design trends you should take into consideration whether you’re renovating your current home or buying a new one:
1. Smart appliances. It’s amazing how many smart appliances are out there, from ovens to refrigerators to dishwashers. You can even turn on your faucet without touching it and spreading any germs.
2. Bold decor statement items. This could be an island or hood that acts as a focal point for your kitchen.
See if any of these trends inspire you to renovate your kitchen!
3. Visible organization. This could mean floating shelves that display your dishware, some nice baskets, or color-coordinated pantries.
4. Large islands. Islands have always been popular, but they’ve become even more popular (and larger) lately.
5. Stone and tile. These aren’t just used on countertops anymore. We’re seeing them on backsplashes, on the sides of cabinets, and even on floors.
See if any of these trends inspire you to renovate your kitchen! If you’re preparing to sell your home and need ideas on what to do (and what not to do), give me a call. I’d be glad to stop by and give you some guidance on what will help generate top dollar and what will likely be a waste of money.
If you have any other real estate needs I can help you with, feel free to reach out to me as well. My team and I are on standby seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. We look forward to helping you.